Friday 2 January 2015

1) Panda Bear - Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper



Panda Bear, 'Mr Noah'

Info: Panda Bear is the percussionist, drummer, sampler among other things from the wonderful Baltimore psych troupe that is Animal Collective. As a huge fan of Strawberry Jam and Merriweather Post Pavilion I was surprised to find myself very unfamiliar with his solo work and that Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper is actually his seventh album. After a brief skim of a few of the tracks online I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this album a lot more than Animal Collective's work, because, much and all as I liked them, I often felt there were some outstanding tracks carrying the rest on the two aforementioned albums. 

Release Date: January 12th, 2015
Key Tracks: Mr. Noah, Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker, Boys Latin, Selfish Gene



Panda Bear, 'Boys Latin'