Saturday 17 January 2015

I.AM.L - 'Lonely In Paradise', Single





I.AM.L, 'Lonely In Paradise'


Info: Cork artist I.AM.L is currently working on her debut album in Brighton in the U.K. and 'Lonely In Paradise' is the second single from the forthcoming release, following on from 'Lionheart' which came out in August. The first single was much lauded and featured on BBC Radio's Introducing show as well as making GQ Magazine's Weekly Playlist in August. I.AM.L's music has been steadily gaining traction both locally in Brighton and the wider U.K. and it's easy to see why. 'Lonely In Paradise' and 'Lionheart' are both very polished and very well produced. Vocally and musically there are shades of other female artists such as Lykke Li, Florence, but in particular for me, Bat for Lashes, with some underlying layers pointing towards Portishead and Massive Attack (Mezzanine). 'Lonely In Paradise' is anthemic and creates a dark, mystical environment for the listener, I.AM.L reaches out from the mists and beckons you to join her, the question is do you really have a choice?

It is very difficult not to envisage a great deal of success for I.AM.L once her debut album has been completed and makes it's way out of the studio, until then we have these two tracks to enjoy and provide us with some clues as to the final product. 



I.AM.L, 'Lionheart'

Look / Like / Listen & Follow: