Monday 1 June 2015

Single: Summon The Octopi - 'It's Been Sick, So I Tried To Feed It Some More'

Summon the Octopi It's Been Sick, So I Tried To Feed It Some More

Summon The Octopi - 'It's Been Sick, So I Tried To Feed It Some More'


Info: Earlier in February I reviewed Berlin's Summon The Octopi's debut E.P., Nonversations, placing the sound alongside God Is An Astronaut, Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky. The latest single from the E.P. is 'It's Been Sick, So I Tried To Feed It Some More', we've all be there with our pet goldfish as they swim in circles on their side. The track itself is a peach of a number, with one-man operation Marc Vogler pulling the strings like a conductor, lifting guitar and drums slowly up before dropping them to a sudden crash, the length of the track is the artists prerogative but by god I wanted it to go on and on for longer, a good sign! Do check out the rest of the 6-track E.P., it's high quality instrumental music.