Monday 3 November 2014

CHRISTINE - 'Gonna Fear Now', Video



CHRISTINE, 'Gonna Fear Now'


Info: Out of all the continental European countries France has always had the most original music artists in my opinion, from Air, to St.Germain, Daft Punk, M83, Kavinsky, to name a few. Hailing from Normandy, Nicolas Lerille and Stéphane Delplanque are CHRISTINE, an electronic / indie dance duo, formed in 2008, that I am rapidly growing an obsession with and someone needs to get these guys over to Ireland. Stéphane sent me their new video, 'Gonna Fear Now' (above), two weeks ago and it's an amazing track, dirty, powerful and sinister, aided by a compilation of clips from horror B-movies and some better known ones which they put together themselves. 



I've listened to almost all of the songs on their Youtube channel and there isn't a single bad song, it's a lot to digest in one go, and I'm really going to enjoy becoming more familiar with the music over the coming weeks and months. It wouldn't be right for me to only post 'Gonna Fear Now' on it's own, so I've picked another two tracks that I think are phenomenal, 'No Way' and 'Too Much Not Enough'. CHRISTINE outline their objective of 'condensing the power of modern music, from funk to hip- hop, raw rock to electro, while keeping a sharp eye on the films that adorn their lives.' Without further adieu....I know you'll enjoy this as much as I have, c'est formidable!


CHRISTINE, 'No Way'


CHRISTINE, 'Too Much Not Enough'


Look / Like / Listen / Follow:

Website: http://www.sheischristine.com/ (under construction)