Tuesday 15 September 2015

Single: Kisses - The Nile

Kisses The Nile Single


Kisses, 'The Nile'


Info: There's not long to go now before LA pair Kisses' debut album Rest in Paradise is released on the 9th of October, and as we approach they have released yet another great single in 'The Nile'. Having featured, and really enjoyed previous single 'A Groove' and 'Control' here, I think 'The Nile' is a definite favourite of the three, and the title is clinched at 3:56 when a bag of disco funk is unceremoniously spilled out onto the floor, it's as close as you'll get to near-perfection melding pop beats with those of lush 70's disco.

I also quite like singer Jesse Kivel's offering on the track; "If I had to use two words to describe the inspiration behind this song, they would be Rod Stewart.'" "I got deep into ‘Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?' and could not get over how much the production on that song mirrored some of my favorite more obscure disco favorites from the '70s...Both me and Zinzi are really interested in pop artists who 'went disco' — Paul McCartney, The Stones, Blondie, Rod Stewart, the list goes on. Putting these two worlds together was something we felt destined to do."



Kisses, 'A Groove'