Wednesday 3 January 2018

New Album Releases: January - First Aid Kit, The Go! Team, Glen Hansard, Django Django & more

First Aid Kit - Ruins
First Aid Kit - Photo: Johannes Helje

Info: In a new series on REMY for 2018 I'll be scouring the webosphere to find the best new albums due for release before they hit digital platforms and stores, perusing singles which have already come out to give you a flavour of what to expect, and what to mark in your own calendar. Every year is a see-saw for me of trying to keep up to speed with established international and Irish album releases. I'll be great at having my ear to the ground for a few months and then drop off completely as I'm focusing on local independent talent, as well as brand new acts from around the globe. So this regular feature is as much for me as it is for you! 

Below are the albums I will be getting stuck into when they're released because of my own personal tastes, but also a few I think will be of interest to others, and I hope you are in agreement with at least one, and hopefully all! For sampling purposes and a taster I've made a Spotify playlist (and will also post videos) with a track from each album so you can see what floats your boat.


January 5th:

Profligate - Somewhere Else

January 19th:

First Aid Kit - Ruins

Porches - The House

The Go! Team - Semicircle

Glen Hansard - Between Two Shores

January 26th:

Django Django - Marble Skies

Marmozets - Knowing What You Know Now