Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Independent International Playlist - The Best of 2017

Krakow Loves Adana
Hamburg's Krakow Loves Adana - Photo by: Ebba Ă…gren


Info: I dropped so many balls in the final months of 2017, but the biggest one was not paying homage to the incredible independent international music which featured on the blog over those 12 months. Over the last few years I've always collated it in some shape or form, but never managed to do so as the year drew to an end, and it's bothered me since. All I can say is that this is a ridiculously good playlist, and I never put my neck out like this, although taste in music is personal and subjective, but you'll struggle to not enjoy the vast majority of these acts. It's a vacuum-packed collection of the finest independent music from across Europe, England, Wales, Scandinavia, Italy, Germany, and Canada, the U.S., Australia and elsewhere. We wax lyrical about the Irish music scene over the last 4-5 years and how it's currently at its healthiest, but it's also happening across the globe, the creativity and improvisation is in stark contrast with the grey bleed that is popular culture.

I hope you enjoy this playlist and become a fan of some of the acts on it, many of whom I hope to feature again in 2018 as singles become EP's and EP's become albums.